Sunday, June 3, 2012

Where Were the Morerods?

As promised from yesterday, below are three pictures of places we've been to on vacation. Let's see who can be the first to guess where/what they are.

BUT...before you see the pictures, let me give you a clue. The three places below are somewhere between Kansas and Kyburz:



What? You've never been to Kyburz? Maybe you have - but you sneezed and missed it.

SORRY!

Anyway....here are three pictures. The first person to comment and correctly identify any of the photos will be the proud recipient of all our accumulated complimentary hotel shampoos. 


PHOTO #1


PHOTO #2
(two of the same location to give you extra help)







PHOTO #3
(again....two vantage points of same location)




Play fair, though...if you were one of the few who happened to actually know where we went, just comment, "I know! I know!" and let the others get their chance at winning the free shampoos.

Let the contest begin . . .



11 comments:

  1. I know,I know.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coordinates: 38°46′29″N 120°17′49″W....if in doubt have Isaac check it out! a/k/a Lake Tahoe!!!!
    Kyburz (formerly, Slippery Ford and Slipperyford)[3] is a small unincorporated community in El Dorado County, California. It is located along the South Fork of the American River and U.S. Route 50, and is surrounded by the El Dorado National Forest. Its elevation is 4058 feet (1237 m) above sea level[1] and it is named for Albert Kyburz, a former postmaster. Kyburz along US-50 in a map of El Dorado County

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK - I'm so ditzy - guess anybody could look up Kyburz on the web! BUT - how did you know it's Lake Tahoe? Can you google a picture? I will never be in charge of a nationwide contest.....who shall I tell Isaac figured this out?

      Delete
    2. And what about photo #2?

      Delete
  3. I broke the rules and told.... :( SOOOO SORRY. Now I won't get any shampoo............

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bottom photos also look like Colorado....but they COULD be further WEST.... Where that huge frozen lake or dry dessert is, your friend Mama Sally doesn't haven't a clue... But I AM sure y'all are heading WEST.....Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those look like they COULD be in CO - but it's further west. Actually a few comments ago, it was guessed as Lake Tahoe. And, indeed it's not a frozen lake...guess again!

      Delete
  5. I know, I know! Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl I work with collects hotel shampoos & soaps for the healthy beginnings program @ st. Joseph's med center. A program for at risk pregnancies.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know...I know too...Everyone beat me to the punch line. I guess I didn't get on your blog fast enough.
    Continue to have a great road trip. Will look forward to your next entry.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, I know #2 also, but I don't want to blow that for everyone like I did the first one. When am I suppose to tell u?

    ReplyDelete