Wednesday, June 6, 2012

And the Answer Is . . .

Well, apparently hotel shampoos weren't high enough stakes to get very many guesses on Where Were the Morerods. If you still want to look at the pictures from a previous blog and take a guess before you scroll down for the answers, click here. 

Thanks to those who did guess, though. Some of you were really close guessing where the pictures were taken. But, here are the official answers.

PHOTO #1: 


This is the beautiful Salt Lake Temple. This was a first visit for me, so this building was fabulous.



PHOTO #2: 












This was taken at the:

Sometimes this is called the Bonneville Salt Flats. These salt flats were used for racing and breaking all kinds of speed records. You can read about it on the internet if you click here. Nope, hubby didn't let me loose in the car on the flats.



PHOTO #3:


This is just one wonderful view of Lake Tahoe. Not sure you can get a "bad" view at this beautiful lake. If you haven't been to California or Nevada to see this (it is in both States), put it on your "Places to Go on Vacation" list.

Here is another noteworthy place to visit. It boasts of things like this:


AND



I won't make you guess where this is because I've decided I'm going to keep all my hotel shampoos. This is Yosemite National Park. You can swing over there after you visit Salt Lake City and Lake Tahoe! Yosemite is even where I tested my video finesse.

Check out this video:


Complete with dramatic narration, huh? OK, OK, I'm sure it lacks some professionalism - but we all have to start somewhere, huh? Let me know if you think I should keep my day job.

One more place to visit. Would you like to guess where we're going? If we're heading out from California, and taking a southern route to Kansas, what natural beauty do you think we'll stop to see?

Leave me a comment and then check back to see where we went - and if you were right!


8 comments:

  1. GRAND CANYON..
    bt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, new Mexico? What do I win bob? Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen:
    I really enjoyed the video. Did I miss some pics?
    Enjoy your trip as you travel back to Kansas.
    Hugs, Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. gwen: there was a picture of a huge pine cone and a giant redwood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I saw that one, I thought I had missed something from The Redwoods on the coast or SF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said that the lake pic was of great salt lake, but isn't it lake Tahoe in Nevada?

    Confused in kc...

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! I will change the post! Be confused no longer....check out the post again.

      Delete