Saturday, March 17, 2012

Treadmills...revisited

One of my previous blogs was about treadmills. I've never owned one. Never really wanted to. Where would I put it? (If you've been to my house, you appreciate the answer to that question.)

However, son-who-brought-home-a-jump-rope (see another previous blog) hauled a treadmill home the other day. Is this what 20 year-olds do? See, I've never had a 20 year-old live in my house. This is my fourth kid; but all his older siblings, for the most part, were moved out by their 20th birthdays. Fourth kid still lives here (which, for the record, is fine with me); and he brings things home - like jump ropes and treadmills.

And the cool thing is that he paid more for the jump rope than he did for the treadmill. Not sure what he paid for the jump rope, but if he only paid $3.96, that was $3.96 more than he paid for the treadmill. Yep, he found it at the end of someone's driveway. Sign said:

Free. It works.

Where did he put it? In our basement. Which is forbidden territory unless you are a furace repairman, plumber, or looking for a great place for a Halloween party. It's unfinished. Scary. Cob-webby. Has rock walls and dirt-floors (except for a few concrete areas for jump ropes and treadmills.)

But I thought I should try out the treadmill. Now I'm not a treadmill expert. But I think the treadmills I use at the YMCA are from the 21st century. I named ours T-Rex. Short for Treadmill Rex.



Check out this dashboard:




Notice the slide button:






This great feature allowed me to choose warm-up, fat burn, or aerobic. Just know that if you come use our T-Rex, your water will slosh out of your cup in the cupholder if you work up to aerobic. I think it has something to do with Rex's sturdiness. I sort of feared for my safety when I began running. Elvis being all shook up had nothing on T-Rex. But he whirred right along and I got some exercise. At the end of the day, T-Rex helped me get the job done.










I've said it before, and I'll probably keep saying it, treadmills are not my exercise of choice. And as I looked across the basement during my work-out, I saw exactly the thing that resembles how I feel on state-of-the-art treadmills or our newly acquired treadmill:









4 comments:

  1. You have the funniest blog ive read. Granted ive only read like 3, but still....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee....with such a great comment, you'd think we were related or something - but thanks!

      Delete
  2. Agreed! This made me laugh out loud! I'm impressed - you actually tried your treadmill. We have one and so far I have refused to step on it. (By the way, you can make a link to send your readers to a previous post when you mention it in a new post....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Seriously... I don't type "lol" unless I am really laughing out loud, and this made me laugh out loud... a lot! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete