Sunday, April 22, 2012

YES, IT'S TRUE - ANOTHER FREE BOOK!

Still trying to decide whether to buy one of my books?


Let me help. Here's a taste of what you'll find inside:

“OK, let’s get the dastardly deed done,” I said as I plopped into my hairapist’s chair.  At times like this I was glad she owned her own shop and we could have some privacy.

 She put on her stylist coat and reclined the chair. I laid back and braced myself with feet propped up on the counter in front of me. She must have sensed my apprehension.  After all, she is my hairapist. And we’d been through this many times -  too many times for my liking.

 “Karen, why don’t you let me wax your eyebrows. It would be a lot easier.”

“What? And rip that hot wax off my skin? No way,” I said and folded my arms across my chest. 

“OK then.  I’ll pull them out – one by one,” she replied.

Did I sense villainy in her voice today?

She grabbed her tweezers. I closed my eyes, held my breath, and waited for the first pluck. Plink. I squirmed and moaned. But she just kept plucking. She knew our routine. She plucks. I moan. She begins diversion conversation. I answer between squirms. And what seems like hours later, she raises the chair and I look in the mirror. 
“How’s that?” she asks as I examine my newly groomed eyebrows.

“Beautiful. We should do this more often,” I answer with a smirk.

And if you're wondering how all that relates to the life of the biblical Queen Esther, you'll have to buy the book!

Gee...what a coincidence. I just happen to be having a book signing SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Nice As New store in Osawatomie, Kansas. LeAnn Stewart is the owner and she has a fantabulous shop with home furnishings (some new and some gently used).  You can visit her website by clicking here.

You won't find anything like this in her shop:


OR this:



You won't even find these:



However, if you need a fur covered jar, or if you were looking to decorate your Christmas tree with bedsprings and pipe cleaners, or if you just ran out of your last plastic head and needed another one, I can tell you where to get any of those.

BUT - it won't be at Nice As New, 640 Main Street in Osawatomie, Kansas. Check out the website here and see what LeAnn has in her store.

 And now about the FREE book . . . 
The first person who comes into
NICE AS NEW
Saturday, April 28 after 11:00 a.m.
and tells me about this offer on my blog
will get the free book.

PLUS...anyone else who comes to
NICE AS NEW
and mentions seeing this offer on
this blog will receive a special gift.

SATURDAY, APRIL 28
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Nice As New
640 Main Street      Osawatomie, Kansas

2 comments:

  1. Drats! Then you missed the Good JuJu garage sale this past weekend in the west Bottoms :) If only I'd known I would have picked it up for your upcoming birthday!

    ReplyDelete